Fun day today.
After catching up on goings on since the last visit ie BA going amature and Ocala trip, On Line in the new paddock. As a warmup--something slow and fun for Try i.e.knocking cone off a barrel--it is in Try's horsenality to like to push things around LOL. then Dan suggested sidepassing to the barrel and knocking it over or backing to a barrel and rolling it.
Then the main course: teaching Try to hunt my focus--to line up with my focus--focus not on her but on what I want to accomplish i.e. focus on tree to ask her to line up to back (preparation to preparation??) Trick is to use the right amount of energy/phase etc to ask without losing my focus then reward. Try was starting to get it--will take some time. Nice part is that I can start with L1 assessment sheet and we can work our way forward with variety built in and a clear path for me mentally.
Sideways: follow the focus--focusing over the withers--this one was easier both directions than backing.
Circling--more like following my intention: don't change gait or direction AND I choose the distance. Try had no trouble with increasing the distance as I let out rope and to decrease--I walk with her focusing in the direction as I reel in the rope. Note: we tried 6' distance--Dan says this is L4 and the hardest.
Then went to Kathy's and watched Dan help her with strategies for winning 7 games with an RBE and a great trailer loading session. Mostly I was impressed with life up and life down.

No comments:
Post a Comment