Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sunday, June 7

Two things stood out:
1. I really improved her mood. Cranky when I got there--sweet by the end.
2. We learned to drag the cone while riding bareback--can try next time to back w/cone in front, use bucket or have Try hold it instead of me.

Emotional fitness: I did pretty well today, I am a little stressed despite being conscious and doing a little exercise for it. (Do I need to get back to Golds?) I took the time and was laid back, aware that she didn't want to circle and let it go, perhaps got a little rushy once or twice but not bad.
On a scale of 1-10 of energy we were both about a 4. but both pretty clear minded--relaxed focus.

Started w/grooming in paddock and spin and go. Then in ring reviewed games 1-3 online as she was pretty out of it. We spent time online dragging the cone--she was a little curious and sniffed it for a treat but otherwise no big deal.

Mounted from the fence (do on other side next time) rope reins over saddle loop, and savvy string around her neck and 1-2 sticks. Pushed gate open w/carrot stick. Did figure 8 around some jumps--using body weight, guiding with my hands on her neck, leg--did not need stick. I don't really know what to do with savvy string?? Do you neck rein to turn or pull to stop--yuck.

Tomorrow in western saddle try savvy string only and carrot stick and canter clover leaf pattern.

finished in round pen with great sidepassing with sticks--did not need the rail. Also lateral flexion with stick is so-so but great in reaching for a treat. Took a little while to get disengage HQ with stick--haven't done that in at least two years.

360 spin with sticks?????????

No comments:

Post a Comment