Sunday: we made some real progress with the figure 8 at liberty. I realized I was not giving Try the responsibility of coming to me by cueing her with the rope so replaced that by cueing her with friendly facial expression and reinforcing with a treat and rest.
Canter: I wanted to see if we could find some full out joy and exuberance and do the equivalent of 6 laps for conditioning purposes. We got some WP lope, some nice canter and at the end some pounding on the front end canter.
We had dwell time, passenger time, grooming at liberty and a good showering off that Try seemed to enjoy. She loved having her ears rubbed and seemed to enjoy having her butt curried and bathed. Also I killed a fly that was biting her and then scratched the itchy place for her.
What does she have against the canter? Is it harder for her? Conformation? Does it make her anxious because her early WP training made her think it was bad????????

No comments:
Post a Comment