Stick to me was wonderful today with Kelly's suggestions to start by mirroring her energy and do transitions within gaits. We did slow medium and fast walks—she gave me lovely soft backups and offered to trot.
Circling game stunk:
1. Try avoided it by repeatedly sidepassing up next to me, then when that didn’t work for her, she took off at a canter. I may have goofed—she seemed to need some time to get herself together so I let her go—she quickly settled to a nice lope or trot but ignored my slow down transition cues so I let her go awhile then I got tired of it and gave her the hide-the-hiney look and she disengaged and came trotting to me licking and chewing.
2. Maybe I should not let her circle like that—it probably just prolongs the process of getting her over hating circling. (Call an immediate halt to the temper tantrum and find a substitute that will let her change mental gears.)
3. I did get 2 nice draws out of the circle w/o disengaging HQ and did not add on change of direction—made it game over and rewarded.
Figure 8: I think I will go back to the big ring online for falling leaf and s shape to work on draw and drive. It’s the drive part that is broken for figure 8. I did go back to L1 drive front end and HQ and yoyo and that was all good.
Anyway, tomorrow is another day….

No comments:
Post a Comment