Well, I felt that I was finally coming up with a plan for order/tasks for OL3 and went to barn with plan to brush up on several and do some no stirrups with plenty of time for loving and clover, etc. Concept to consider: non adversarial
We spent 3 hours together and Try wasn't really in the mood and at times my emtional fitness went out the window. Walked in leading from Z3 with my hand on the withers.
Extreme friendly: began with rubbing and friendly and moved to slapping string--could not get to zone 5--she kept disengaging HQ. So a step back from yesterday. But I had to remember how long it took to teach disengage HQ from a look and was able to laugh and move on. No helicopter.
Sidepass barrels: yes to one or two. Try not trying to figure out what I want. I felt like I was making her instead of her offering.
Weave: set up cones in play paddock because BA and Tara were riding 3 year olds in the ring. Weave was good at the walk (drive/draw). At trot Try came unglued. Backing the weave--interesting diagonal back and disengage HQ works.
In the ring:
Cavaletti: sidepass and straddle walk--pretty good.
Jump toward me and back to jump--today we got one that was great.
Also sidepass at a trot on the rail, circling traveling.
No stirrups felt strong:about 3 laps (1/2 mile) Canter was fairly relaxed but I kept helping her to be relaxed.

No comments:
Post a Comment