Monday--started slow with some nice liberty, stick to me, fig 8, circling transitions etc. Followed by standard workout in close contact saddle for my strength--i.e. 2 point, posting trot, no stirrups posting trot laps. Then canter but Try was feeling super exuberant and was cantering very fast (hand gallop??) and ignoring rein aids, sooo I went to the western saddle so I could encourage her to explore her need to move. I think the change of saddles ticked her off--that she thought she was done--so when we cantered again she gave me my first real buck--cantered a couple more laps before going to the round corral. We played with the circling game/stopped asking Bethanna if I should go back and ride again--she said yes--so we played some more liberty circling until Try let me know she had the p--- and vinegar out of her system. We went back to canter in western saddle in the ring and it was lovely--turns largely from eyes bellybutton etc. Big day!!
I think we are renegotiating our relationship. I just feel the desire to be more assertive, energetic and want Try to come along with me. If its not her idea, she would like to try some intimidation to maintain the status quo. I think anyway......

No comments:
Post a Comment