Friday, July 30, 2010

What we did Thursday

Try: freestyle etc
1. For me: pilates warmup
2. Lateral flexion, indirect rein, yield HQ Try gets offended at the HQ yield
3. 9 step backup--forgot this
4. Patterns--did bullseye at the canter once each way
5. Canter was nice
6. Tenshun, at ease--thought about this ??tenshun
7. Focus up on downward transitions--makes for smooth transition when I remember
8. Rhythm in transitions
9. Stop, turn back etc without reins or leg?? pretty good

Keystone - confidence building
Played in round pen with objects: pedestal, barrel, green ball and tarp.
Did not push--gentle, took my time as it is important that Keystone not trot in reaction for now.
Pedestal--he is confident putting his nose on pedestal and I can drive him to it.
Barrel--this was new--put a treat on the barrel and afterward Keystone was fine with putting his nose on it.
Ball and tarp: Keystone would not go close. I had two buckets on the tarp and moving one bucket to the pedestal Keystone was fine with touch it.
Vet comes tomorrow if trot is oked then I will play a little colder/warmer with tarp and/or ball--accept a little reward, go on to something else and come back. This weekend I may move the toys to the ring where we have more room to move.

No comments:

Post a Comment