1. Precision pen—I marked out a 20x40 meter area and marked lines in the sand. Just walking around as a warmup casual rein--walked lines and 10 and 20 meter circles.
2. 9 step back up—did it twice—how interesting—picking up the reins caused an adverse reaction
3. Pat on the extra footage for Horseman’s Apprentice #4 showed backing on the circle by making 1/8 turns in my body and then seeing if Try will come into alignment with that. This has possibilities—I have worked on backing a circle when the patterns came out and also about 4 years ago and Try would fight me on it. I see real possibilities for something better now—I tried it out and looked 1/8 and Try came into line (with a little leg cue)—did twice in a row then quit while it was good. This seems like a way to do this pattern and have it be much more relaxed.
4. Contact: twice I took a little contact and then went back to casual rein—Took a little while each time but I think with the release she will get it fairly soon—this was our first attempt—hope I am going about this right.
5. Canter: figured while we were out we might as well, as this is a new saddle (wintec) and I am still getting used to it. was mainly concentrating on seeing if I could be on my balance point with the feeling of sitting deep like I would in the western saddle—even sat on my thumb part of the time—
Keystone:
1. a little head down
2. a little backing and stick to me backing
3. the Tarp--he is getting it--sniffed it wadded up in my hand--ate a treat off it wadded up on the ground--spread a little on the ground he sniffed it and played with it with his right foot.
4. truly I am being able to direct him to go places from zone 1

No comments:
Post a Comment