Yesterday, we didn't do much of a warmup I was tired and Try wasn't in the mood.
Began my first riding lesson with BA in weeks and decided on a back to basics. Try was in a uppity mood and did not settle so after we finishing a trotting warmup--2 point and posting, BA suggested playing around with lots of transitions in the 20x40 dressage area. I was relieved as could just imagine how Try's canter would be on the rail (280x300' ring) when she was that up--i.e. heavy on the forehand and time would need to be spent to regulate the gait as she would want to go to fast for a nice rhythm--not really much fun at all.
Soooooooo we played with lots of transitions at the various letters--all gaits including sitting trot, turns on the forehand and haunches and circles of various sizes. Both Try and I had to concentrate mentally and settled in and had a great time. Thanks BA!!

No comments:
Post a Comment