Thursday, August 5, 2010

Wednesday second filming for Kelly

Still getting used to the new saddle—wintec. I really like it and am close to be as comfortable cantering in it as western saddle.

Precision pen: set up 20x40m circle—only using 20x20 area for filming. Try, happily, is pretty good at maintaining gait, direction and pattern--did some 20m and 10 m circles walk and trot.

2. Contact: I played with taking a little contact
a. in the 9 step backup—which we had not done in ages and was a bit of a surprise for Try.
b. Also backing on the circle with 1/8 turns—did just two 1/8 turns then quit—
c. Taking a little contact with two reins, interspersing relaxation for Try after each thing that caused her to feel a little “up.”

Trot and Canter footage for quality of gait: rhythm, relaxation

Plan for the next week or two is to watch L4 finesse again. I got some Karen Rohlf materials—plan to study them some with Bethanna in my riding lessons in August. (Walter Zettl materials ordered.) I am trying to come up with a good plan for Try and I to get started with finesse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgXdD3nU6EM

No comments:

Post a Comment