Well, after 4 days of rain and cold, I finally got to the barn today.
Spent much time grooming, stroking, loving on Try which she seemed to enjoy.
Thought as an online quickie I would review sidepassing 4 barrels in an L shape. First I started close by and we got to 4th barrel and she either panicked or decided she had enough and she jumped out of the pattern. So I went to one barrel and gave a treat. Then lined up two and she did them easily with me farther away and cueing less and even offered to do a third barrel that was nearby.
Finished with no stirrups etc in the VERY muddy ring. Made an inner circle where the footing was a bit better. I have no idea how far we went--not as much as usual I'm sure BUT I felt very strong and in control. (A little sore from it on Sunday.)

No comments:
Post a Comment