Today, Try was better--cuts looked good but a little swelling so plan called for no cantering.
Round pen: walk and a little trot as yesterday, Try offered to sidepass barrel away and toward. Stayed with me on stick to me--thought about making assumptions and kept changing things up. played with energy up and down--need to ask, whether I should pick games where Try can see my facial expression.
At one point, Try left so we played the catch me game. She would stop but not come when I backed. One time she took off bucking and farting--so much for taking it easy. I have filmed this issue--how its clear on the film.
Saddling: pinned ears at the saddle going onto her back. No ear pinning for a couple days now pulling on girth strap.
Riding: what a lovely mind reader Try was today. Lateral flexion was good--indirect rein Try was leaning on the rein on the right bend--went up in my phases and I think she is starting to get the idea.
I set two cones and we started by going thru turn and face and wait--varied the direction and type of turn and then backed thru the cones--took almost no urging for any of it. Did a little trot, stop, back wait--good reactions to go and stop and lovely still wait. Also intersperced some contact--7 step soft feel even from walk continuing to walk and side passing. Then no stirrups posting trot but only about 4 laps. Finished by setting cavaletti pole up on pedestal and cones to make a little "jump" repeating the turn and face and back from before--little opposition reflex from Try over backing up to the jump.
Next Riley in the round pen, friendly and porcupine went well and we played the easter egg hunt game. Next time take a book and do dwell and see if he will be more curious. Today he wasn't afraid but he wasn't really relaxed.

No comments:
Post a Comment