Wednesday, September 15, 2010

What a glorious day!!!!!!!!!

The weather was wonderful and we had so much fun!! We were both in the mood to canter and canter we did.

Playing with concept of Energy, focus, intention, I've tried to figure out the best games to play to get the idea across. I decided best is games where she sees me clearly and the action required is simple--not requiring a complex combination of movement. So today we played with backing--Try really got the idea of my focus and mother in law face--but not the idea that my friendly face means stop. Hmmmmmmmmm. Then HQ disengagement from a look--took a phase 4 one time to get the idea across and then it was good--Try could see/feel the difference in my intense energy wanting her to move the HQ and the friendly I love you I just want to massage your butt.

Circling game: ?? how do I get Try to leave the rope on the ground?? I did quit both directions when she had the best attitude.

Canter: lateral flexion nice, indirect rein to the right--opposition reflex. 7 step soft feel nice. Counter canter--I do believe we had it! We also did cloverleaf at a canter and just cantered about.

Riley: today--followed me, curious and enjoyed playing the easter egg hunt on his own, spooked a little at the wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment