Well, I was so excited--in my riding lesson with Bethanna we were going to play with bridleless canter yoyos--yee hah!! I arrived at the barn and found Try's right hind leg was swollen so no lesson, no riding.
BA suggested I just go ride Angel (medium pony) for fun.I was hesitant as I am soooo used to Try or Keystone and Angel is a goey little pony with a pony stride. Also I've not ridden her for two years. Anyway, saddled up and trotted, (posting, two point) and canter. BA was out in the ring riding Haylie and told me to go with Angel's canter with my arms and .t was really fun. I could feel the improvement two years of riding has made for me. It is strange to be hovering over a pony at the trot when I am used to the 15'1 15'2 horses.
Gave Angel and then Try great long showers and cold water on Try's leg/bute.
Thinking very seriously of getting one of Wendy's horses for awhile to play with--with two great months of fall weather, why not spend a 1/2 day Mon-Fri with horses??

No comments:
Post a Comment