Yesterday I had my first riding lesson with Keystone in two months and was pleased.
Keystone and I are playing with some Parelli basics this week also. I love the fact that he is so soft and relaxed and I can use light cueing even as I teach. Anyway, friendly is good--he is sensitive about his head. Porcupine: good and we are starting to learn to put our head down on cue so we can halter the Parelli way. Driving: good, even soft, nice 360s except that HQ requires some friendly so that its not a "ball" (as in ball/chair).
yoyo: he is getting the idea and backing from a phase 3, and draw is getting better as well, as he understands--he does seem to want to come be with me as a safe spot. We have been thinking of him as LBI but he feels RBI as well, perhaps because this is a vastly different learning experience for him. Certainly he is not as extremely left brain as Try.
circling: wonder of wonders, only a light send is required--and no problem with the allow with my being at neutral or upward transitions. Downward transitions--we need a better joint understanding--I think I may be confusing him. I am sure he has been longed on a line in the past but don't know how he was cued--Bethanna doesn't know either as no one at Rollover has ever longed him. Anyway, yesterday (day 2) he was just getting the idea of the HQ disengagement to stop, turn and face and ask permission to come in. I am amazed that this is happening so quickly and such lovely circling for a horse that needs encouragement to maintain gait for a rider.
Sideways: not yet.
Squeeze: this will be easy.
Touch it: Just starting to think about driving to move from place to place.

No comments:
Post a Comment