Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Riding in the Field

Try and I rode in Matrix's pasture. It went pretty well but left me with questions.

Try wasn't in a bad mood, wasn't scared, some of the time was nice and relaxed and I could ride on the buckle and sped up going toward the gate. Although I was calm and fairly relaxed, I did not feel good about the speeding up as it was a sign she didn't want to be there. I thought we were doing this as something fun for Try!

I did canter clover leaf and think next time I would add small circles at each "leaf" where Try speeds wanting to go to the gate.

Partial disengagement and small circles--both relax the ribs??

Stop, consider, choose:

Stop when feel a negative emotion: i.e. that Try wants to go to the gate/rejection

Consider: Its not about me--so what IS the benefit of riding in the field then? exercise, my confidence in riding when Try is extroverted in a large space.

Choose: to add small circles to a larger clover leaf so Try and I can have good communication re smooth canter gait in the pattern and she chooses/takes responsibillity for staying on the pattern.

1 comment:

  1. Stop, consider, choose.

    Stop when feel a negative i.e. that Try wants to go to the gate and I feel "rejection"

    Consider: its not about me--so if being in the pasture isn't tons of fun--what is the point? exercise for Try and a chance for me to learn to play with her extroversion.

    Choose: to add small circles to the clover leaf and make the clover leaf bigger.

    ReplyDelete