Parelli horsemanship study notes--a diary to promote my study. I'm using this blog for my personal motivation and to keep of record of what Try and I are doing. SORRY to any readers who happen this way--this blog may only be interesting or entertaining to me.
Saturday, October 23, 2010
Stick Together Game
Today we continued our stick together game/liberty/round corral. And this was all we did. Goal: watch Try for changes and watch my energy level. It occured to me on the ride there that it isn't fair to ask Try for relaxation if I'm not relaxed first?? However one of my best ways to relax is touching Try. Anyway, we have the life up, focus and walk around thing. I was interested to see if she would blow--only once. I have determined that now that we know this much of the game that it is important to mix things up as to who leads and that I can be a bit creative when I am the leader. Today I wasn't very busy, busy, busy. More relaxed, slower. I did not see any concern in Try except perhaps one time I asked for a send on the rail with more energy than necessary. I did see her relax and look soft a little and I also saw a lot of "oh well I'll do it but I'd rather be doing something else. Stick to me was pretty good. Draw from a distance perhaps a little improved and perhaps not.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment