I adore this wonderful horse. Light, responsive, she can figure out what I want from 20' away from increasingly smaller cueing etc. i.e. backing thru cones, setting her up to be square for the back up. Sideways she trotted and got a carrot slice as a reward for the exuberance--I upped my energy to get the trot.
Circling I wanted to do to improve the bring back/vs/change of direction and keeping slack on the ground. Dan has suggested my leaning on the rope to help with the slack issue but I was not able to lean as she never pulled and the rope is mainly on the ground--will ask about that next week. Also still getting the snarky ears in circling but was careful to reward her when I was getting good ears by bringing her in. Also bring back/draw at the trot was nice but Try is confused about the canter--I think a little shake of the rope as I back may be all we need to add.
Riding: so funny, Try immediately offered lots of stretching--can't wait to discuss this with BA and Dan, film and discuss again with Kelly.
I feel so lucky to have this time with Try.

No comments:
Post a Comment