Went to Try's pasture and waited for her to come to me. As I was putting on halter Haylie backed up to Try and was about the kick. Try sidepassed into me--I took halter and lead and in a personal fury chased Haylie away. How dare she pick on my beautiful, wonderful Try!! Well Haylie didn't care but I scared Try--took 30 minutes for her to decide she could be with me (approach and retreat) before we could halter up and go in.
First: stick together in the play area: much smoother today, I was mixing it up more then moving 6' or so away from her to measure our stick-to-a-tivity, she did blow one time. I did not opt for circling on the rail and draw--instead left that for the ring. The first direction (trot) it took awhile for her to decide she could come to me. 2nd direction good and we quit on that.
Riding 15 min walk passenger then on the rail--one small blow then walking in the center circle, did the stretching and soft feel and release and she started blowing really well. Lateral flex and picking up and dropping reins were way softer more relaxed. Then we trotted awhile (bareback) and a bit of canter--for my strength.

No comments:
Post a Comment