I am still thrilled about passing level 3 and am reminding myself "not to erase the finish line"--that is to continue to savor and celebrate the accomplishment: Savor to energize, inspire vs burnout from immediately getting back to "work" or minimizing the accomplishment i.e. its no big deal, not that good, lets see if I can do better, etc.
Actually, I printed out all my 2009 blog entries and, in reading, I see wonderful growth in horsemanship and spirit beyond passing a level!!
This month's savvy times, p73 (goal setting article by Linda) concludes with "make sure you celebrate your smallest achievements not just the big ones."
I remembered that I used to keep a file of special accomplishments or things that make me proud, feel all warm and fuzzy etc. So I've found the file and it is amazing.
Thus, I think in addition to a diary blog, to start a sub-blog of those warm and fuzzy moments when Try and I have an especially lovely day together.
Onward naturally...

Hi Elizabeth! Savoring the moments, the good along with the ones that challenge you, cause you to think, grow and change, is so important. It's the spice that makes this journey we're on so rewarding.
ReplyDeleteI also think blogging/journaling is wonderful. I go back and read my notes from my blog and journal and I can see just how far Renegade and I have come. It's expecially nice to do this when I'm feeling stuck or like I'm not making progress. It helps me put everything back into perspective.
Although I don't comment often, I enjoy reading your blog and your experiences with Try. You give me alot to think about!!
Congratulations on passing your L3 and Savvy On!!